Thursday, August 14, 2008

First Day of School

Makayla started kindergarten on Monday. It was a hard day...mainly because I had to get up at 6:30am. It's going to take awhile to get used to that. Her school day is from 7:55-12:55pm. It is not that much longer than preschool, but it is everyday. It is so weird not having her home with me, but she loves school and learning. The best part about her class is that her best friend Pearl is there with her. The fun thing about just having Evan during the morning is that it allows me to give him my full attention (by that I mean watch him like a hawk). I am kind of amazed that he had made it to this point in his life without any major injures (fingers crossed). Another cool thing about her school is that it is the same school I went to...crazy. It is a small country school. There is only one kindergarten class with only eighteen kids. When I graduated eighth grade my class size was only twenty five. Not much as changed. I love that.


3 comments:

Amy said...

cute pics of the girls! I definetly need you to e-mail me copies of the ones with Pearl. I'm so glad she has a friend at school!

Kristen said...

I love that her best friends name is Pearl, and what a big girl! She is so cute and I love her blond curls. Teresa is 4 weeks away from delivery and she is getting real worn out. We are all excited to meet the newest little Mendenhall.

Heidi Berry said...

I can't believe she is in kindergarten! Very cute pictures. I absolutely love kidergarten- there is no better place to be. Phil wants Weston's email address, if you wouldn't mind. Ours is berrytribe@gmail.com.