Monday, July 13, 2009

Evan Turns Three

Evan's birthday was so much fun this year. He was so excited! He picked to all his party stuff...he wanted a Word Word party. (I don't have any idea why) We got him a train table for his birthday and set it up the night before. Wes built a track on it and we put balloons all over his room. I could hear him in the morning playing and laughing. When I went in, he had a big grin on his face, "It's my birthday...I'm ten!"(another thing I have no idea where it came from) His party wasn't going to be until evening (when the dad, grandpa, and uncle came home) so Ashley and I took the kids to ride the train in Folsom. After, we let Evan pick where he wanted to eat. He picked Chipolte...no complaints from me.
When my mom asked Evan what he wanted for his birthday, he told her he wanted a big scary guy with buttons. (again I don't know what goes on inside of his head) Well my dad and her got him a big transformer that talks and lights up....this is a picture of his face when he opened it....I think they got it exactly right.
Uncle Bryan, who felt bad that Evan's only dress up options were fairies and princesses got him some boy dress up clothes. (a fireman and a cowboy) I would like to personally thank him for the fire extinguisher (which sprays real water). ...that's a fun way to be woken up in the morning!
It was just a great day...Evan was so much fun to party with. He was so appreciative of everything and kept hugging my knees and repeating, "Thanks mom." We just love this little boy. He brings so much joy into our lives. Everyday when I look at those big brown eyes and kiss that curly sweaty boy hair, I am so thankful to be his mom. Happy Birthday Evan!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Amy said...

Wow, he's big now. All stinky feet, no baby left! You know what that means...

ELIZ said...

Sounds like things Ryan always came up with. Glad he has boy dress up clothes now that is always a good thing.

Melany said...

wow, three years old! all of his random sayings you listed were so funny. happy birthday buddy!

Jolene said...

He looked too grown up in that last picture. Where is the chubby checks going? M