Monday, March 1, 2010

Six Pack

In an attempt to get in really good shape by my 30th birthday, I have been doing P90X Lean for about two weeks...I was so sore the first week, I could barely move. The other day I was exercising (Ab Ripper...yeah, it is about as fun as it sounds) and Makayla asks, "Mom why do you always exercise?" I told her it is healthy to exercise, and that this exercise was going to help me get a flat stomach...she thought about that for a minute and replied, "I guess your stomach is a little chubby." Offended, I informed her that I had had two kids...she looks at me, not at all impressed, and quickly adds "Mom, that was like four years ago!" Sadly...I had no comeback.

9 comments:

Kristen said...

like we need the reminder...Milo told me the other day that I almost have a lot of fat on my body...what is that supposed to mean?

Teresa Mendenhall said...

Whoa.....Go Tami!! I've always wanted to try P90X. Let me know how you like it.

Bryan and Ashley said...

Hahaha. Wow. I know where to turn when I need a self-esteem boost. Well, I think you look great and am totally impressed that you are doing P90X. Does Wes still do it too? ...And by that I mean his 2 pull-ups a day?!? :)

Someone that Matters (Bryan) said...

I wish I could say Makayla spent too much time with Uncle Bryan and he was rubbing off on her, but, sadly, I think she was born that witty.

Megan said...

Shoot tami aim high...go for an 8 pack like Jake or maybe it was 10. Guess I need to do some research. I will sacrifice and watch new moon again :) !!

Amy said...

This is why I hate honesty. I shudder to hear what she would think of me if this is the assessment you get!:)

J.Phipps said...

In the words of michael Scott: "boom roasted"

Frampton Family said...

Wow, I'm impressed Tami! I started going back to the gym last week, but it didn't last long. I lasted 45 minutes before I left Josh there to come home to eat a bag of potato chips. Keep up the good work! Who knows, maybe one day you'll inspire me to take another shot at it. Love you!

Melany said...

yeesh, kids are brutally honest aren't they? i'm glad penny can't comment on my body yet...

i think you've always looked fantastic! but kudos for conquering p90x, my exercise consists of trying to diet. ha.