Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Easter

When I was younger, my Easter egg hunt experience was completely different then my kids. My Phipps family would get together every year and have a huge egg hunt. "Huge" because I had about thirty cousins on that side of my family. We would be divided up in to age groups and lined up...ready to go. Part of the Phipps egg hunt tradition was that there was a grandma egg. The lucky person that found one got to trade it in for a prize....a good prize. In all my egg hunting years, I never found a grandma egg, the competition was stiff in my age group...
This year my mom and dad decided to start the tradition back up again. Lucky for Makayla and Evan, they had no competition.

We also went to the Hulbert's annual Easter egg hunt...it was so much fun. This year Makayla and Pearl graduated to the big kid hill....time just seems to fly by.

Grandma and Grandpa Larsen also came out for Easter this year. Party. party, party...the kids had so much fun with them.

4 comments:

Megan said...

I am so sad that I missed Easter but it sounds like it was tons of fun. :)

Bryan and Ashley said...

You better tell Makayla and Evan to watch out...there will be competition next year. Parker may even be able to walk. ;)

Cute pictures!!

Bryan and Ashley said...

I have Caden training already. I hide everythingmof his so he has to find all his toys, clothes, and meals. He will be ready come spring

Jolene said...

Another difference, you did not have to empty your basket half way through because it was too heavey and full.