Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Makayla Turns Seven

I can not believe Makyla is seven...I know Isay that ever year she gets a little older, but this year it really hit me how much she is growing up. As each year passes, it is fun to see all the changes that come with that growth, but there is also a part of me wants to turn back time to when she would toddle around, bouncy blond curls....so cute.
This year for her birthday we had a family party. Her girl scout troop had already planned a trip to Sun Splash, which is a pretty fun way to spend a birthday. I had Wes take Makayla and Evan to the water park so I could get all set up for the party....that is why the kids cheeks are bright red (I wasn't there to oversee the sunscreen application). However, Wes's real lack of judgement was when he let Makayla spray his back with sunscreen. His whole back was fried (I am talking need to go to the doctor's fried) except for a little circle right in the middle of his back...bulls eye. I spent alot of time to make Makayla's presents cute this year, with pretty bows and cute paper. However, her favorite wrap job was the "garbage" unicorn Jarom made...pretty sad when when you can't compete with a present wrapped in trash. I particularly like how he designed it to open....

This year we got her a bike for her birthday. She was pretty excited. She also got an Easy Bake oven from my parents....you know you are getting old when toys start to recycle themselves. One of her favorite things is to watch cake show with Bumpa, so it was a perfect present.
Seven of my favorite things about Makayla
*Her sense of humor...I like to think that she gets her quick from me
*Her desire to do the right thing
*How sweet she is with Evan
*How practical she is...it makes me laugh
*How creative she is
*Her laugh...it is contagious
*That she is everything I could have dreamed my little girl would be
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Megan said...

Ah....I love it!!

Loni Jay said...

Hey Tami!!! I was checking back through old emails and I found your blog! It is so great to look at your pictures and see what is happening in your life. I can't believe Makayla is 7! When we were 7 we were living next door to each other, tromping through the fields where all those houses are now. Crazy! What a beautiful family you have! I'm excited to check up on your blog to see what you are up to, and I'll do a better job of keeping touch, I promise!
Love,
Loni

Jolene said...

Jarom has a nack with his present giving and wrapping but I laughed at your "unwrapping comments & pic". I like that my kids are funny and keep me laughing.

Bryan and Ashley said...

I'm so happy we will never miss another year of birthdays! I can't believe she's seven already. She really is the perfect little girl!!

Teresa Mendenhall said...

I love Makayla's face in the pic of her opening her bike. She's so cute!! I can't believe our kids are growing up so fast. It was just yesterday that Kobe and Makayla were babies and playing together. I miss having you close by. A buddy to go shopping with and out to lunch with. Someone who laughs at my stupidity. We miss playing games and kicking your guys's butts. Miss Ya!

J.Phipps said...

It's called going green Tami