Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Soccer Mom

I love soccer. I never played, but my brothers did. I loved traveling to different tournaments and watching the games. When Evan was finally old enough to play, I was so excited. (Makayla is still recovering from her one season of softball, so soccer wasn't going to happen) Now here is the thing with Evan, he is very coordinated and strong, but he just lacks that competitive spirit. To him soccer was more like a meet and greet....


"Hi, my name is Evan...I'm four. I like Mario...do you? My sister's name is Makayla, she is seven. I like your cool red jersey."

"Yeah, that's the soccer ball over there, but you can have it if you want...it's your turn. If you want, I can go and get it for you. I can even block my players so you can make a goal. Maybe we can play together sometime?"


Now in his defense, he was one of the youngest players on his team. After a couple of games, he started to get the hang of it.

He even manage to make a couple goals....one of them may have been in his own goal, but who's keeping score anyway:)



One of the funniest things he did all season was that he would just walk off the field when he wanted a drink. The ball would be right by him and he would just walk out of the game. "Its okay coach, I just need some water...I'm losing all my energy."



It's already time to register him again....a seasoned pro. It will be fun to see if he he gets more into it this year. He may not be the competitive, intense soccer players my brothers were, but he is sure entertaining.

4 comments:

Paul said...

Yea, your Blogs are back. And, Yes, that's Evan. Nothin if not entertaining! Keep them coming.

Megan said...

Wow...you got a comment from Dad!! Well deserved. Glad to have you blogging again. :)

Jolene said...

That water picture made me thirsty.

hapi said...

Hi Larsen Family, Nice blog! How to add the Glitter Effect Mouse Pointer to your Blog