Friday, October 24, 2008

Cheers!

What to do with Evan? The things this boy can do in 30 seconds amazes me. I was in the kitchen putting groceries away when Evan comes inside spitting and saying, "yuck, Mommy." I noticed he had something around his mouth. I smelt it and was immediately convinced that he had eaten animal feces. When I had him show me what he ate all I could think was, "Are you kidding me?" He had actually put a straw in a pole hole and drank the sludge. I couldn't decide whether to cry, panic, laugh, or throw-up. Poor Evan was so grossed out. I had to brush his teeth three times to get him to stop trying to spit the taste out. I quickly called the doctor thinking he was surely going to become ly ill. The doctor, however, didn't share my concerns and said he should be fine. Now, whenever we pass the hole, Evan gives me a disgusted look and says, "No, no, no mom." Bottoms up!

3 comments:

Melany said...

oh my gosh that picture is priceless. too bad you couldn't get one of evan with sludge on his face - but you were probably busy freaking out - i would have, too! that's weird that the doctor wasn't too concerned - i mean it IS poo. you'll have to tell this story for sure to evan's future girls that he dates. :)

Bryan and Ashley said...

Awh boys. So much to look forward to. Don't you just wonder what was going through his mind when he made the decision to get a straw and drink that delicious looking stuff?!? I love that he made you brush his teeth that much! So funny...and I'm glad the doctor still thinks he'll live a long life :)

DADDY "O" said...

That's my grandson....I would have never guessed that he would have found my hiddn water storage.