Sunday, October 26, 2008

Pumpkin Time

When October rolled around I convinced myself that I would make it up to Apple Hill for the kids to pick pumpkins. Every time I thought it would be a good day to go, something came up. The other day I was at Trader Joe's where they had a huge pumpkin stand which Evan thought was really cool. So on a 90 degree day with an island band playing in the background, we picked our pumpkins. Definitely not Apple Hill, but the kids didn't seem to care. I am surprised the pumpkins survived long enough to be carved. I had them out the front door and Evan was convinced they were balls. Every chance he got, he tried to roll them down my parents front steps. We had a great time. After all, being together as a family is all that really matters.



4 comments:

J.Phipps said...

well..look at the bright side: The kids shoes don't get all muddy at trader joes

Melany said...

wow how did you carve the winne the pooh characters in the pumpkins? that's mad skills.

Someone that Matters (Bryan) said...

Rolling pumpkins down the stairs is a far better activity than slurping sludge out of the gross post holes.

Jolene said...

I love the pictures and I was even there, especially the pumpkin tops. With all the house work going on it's good that you don't lose sight of the important things. M