Monday, October 13, 2008

Evan

I often refer to Evan as our remodel baby. We have been remodeling our house for half of his life. Our house has consumed so much of our lives that I am beginning to forget what normal life feels like. As I was dragging Evan around running house errands I began thinking how different his life is compared to when Makayla was little. I began to think of all the things I had time to do with her...playing games, going to the park, doing crafts...and then it hit me, Evan has never finger painted. I was suddenly so sad for him, as if it was amazing he was even able to function. And so finger painting became the top priority of my day. Makayla had a blast, while Evan wasn't so sure. He dipped his fingers a couple of times and than looked at me and said, "I all done Mom." Apparently finger painting didn't have the affect on him I thought it would. So I let him down and he ran outside to play. While I watched him I thought of all the things he did have...a beautiful house on five acres where he can run, play, explore, and do all the things little boys live for.

2 comments:

Megan said...

I like how you did finger painting on Mom's table while she was gone. jk. I miss those kids so much. You better be out here at Thanksgiving!!

Bryan and Ashley said...

You are such a good mom Tami. I'm glad I have you as an example. I can't wait til Caden can run around with Evan...they are going to have so much fun!