Saturday, December 13, 2008

We Have A Sidewalk!

I never thought I would be so excited to see cement. However, when your house is surrounded by dirt and gravel, you learn to reevaluate your priorities. I feel a change within myself... suddenly I am not so concerned with the seasons latest new shoes and styles. Instead I am dreaming of a paved driveway. I want to find out what all the trees are in the orchard are and learn how to take care of them. I want to plant a garden. I want to build a chicken coop and watch Makayla and Evan go collect eggs in their red boots. I am so excited to see what Wes and I can do with our property and see it change with each new project. Now don't get me wrong...the perfect pair of ballet flats still makes my head turn...however... now so does a good pair of sturdy rubber boots.

Dad and Mom, no I am not sick.... I am perfectly fine.

4 comments:

Jolene said...

I read it but I can't believe it! M

Amy said...

I still can't believe I'm more of a country girl than you - and you grew up here! Can't wait to help you with your garden!

Bryan and Ashley said...

Tami, you are definitely sick if you want your children to collect nasty, nasty eggs. What is wrong with the people of this world eating eggs. Unbelievable. I think you need to re-evalutate your priorities and what a REAL farm girl needs on her property...pygmy goats. It is all about the pygmy goats. Well, those and a zonkey. You better hope that we become your neighbors someday so we can help you really get your property up to par. Geez.

Bryan and Ashley said...

I bet you feed your kids cereal too, don't you. :)