Monday, January 19, 2009

High Flying

When we moved to our house, one of my favorite things was the huge oak tree on the side of the house. The previous owners had a rope swing tied to a branch about thirty feet up. Over the years, however, the rope had begun to dig into the limb and trunk of the tree. We knew we would have to take it down and replace it with something that would not be as harmful to the tree. The biggest problem....getting thirty feet up to do that. Sadly, Weston's tree climbing skills are about as good as his sheep shearing skills (and there is the whole safety issue thing) Thankfully, for Christmas my parent hired a tree company to come out and remove the old swing and replace it. Getting the new swing in was quite the ordeal, but so worth it. It is so much fun! It seems to represent what being young and carefree is all about. I hope when my kids look back at their childhood this red tire swing brings many happy memories.




2 comments:

Melany said...

i LOVE it! tire swings are the best and i love how this one's red. those pictures are so cute - makayla and evan will definitely have good memories of this (until they spin too fast and possibly throw up - like i did...)

Jolene said...

I made the blog, I bribed the tire swing. I love the picture of Makayla, with her long hair. M