Saturday, August 29, 2009

Old School

I did it...somehow I survived my first week back to school (my house, sadly did not fair so well). And of course to top it all off, I had a crazy flower week. There were several times I questioned my sanity...why was I doing this to myself? But then I went to my dental hygiene introductory course, and I was so excited. I know it is going to be crazy at times (ok..probably all the time), but I have been waiting to do for a long time. I learned seveal things week....my yellow Jansport backpack from 1998, while a classic, is not as high tech as Makayla's backpack (no headphone pass through, ipod case, fancy laptop pocket, or cell phone pouch), that unlike BYU, people smoke and swear all around you, textbooks are still outrageously priced, and it is easy to find my car in the parking lot because I am the only one that drives a minivan.

7 comments:

J.Phipps said...

Great post! Don't worry Tami, I'm sure your backpack has an 8 track player pocket

Amy said...

The minivan is my favorite part!!! It makes you the coolest (I'm sure no other college student has a dvd player in their car either...) and you can always buy a new backpack... I'm excited for you, and a little tiny bit jealous:)

ELIZ said...

WOW! Amazing that you are going back to school. You are BRAVE!!

Melany said...

wow, that does sound like quite the crazy week. that's so great that you're going back to school! you'll be a perfect dental hygenist. plus makayla and evan will get free toothbrushes...i'm sure they'll be excited.

Kristen said...

Good for you! That is so exciting.

Frampton Family said...

Did I miss something? You're in school? Wow! I am way impressed Tami. Good luck this semester.

Jolene said...

The rest is okay Tami, cause you still look like younger than any of them. M