Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Mud Buddies

The other weekend we decided to tackle our first landscape project...which means we only have about a million to go. The kids decided they wanted to help so I dressed them in old clothes so they could play outside while we 'worked'. Before we got started my Dad sent my mom and I into town for a few things they were missing. The kids were having so much fun I didn't want to drag them into town with me. Besides Wes and my dad should be able o supervise two (fairly well behaved) kids...right? Well this is what I came home to..........
Now what the picture does not show is the muddy water that their boots were filled with or the trail of dirt and mud they had made all over the driveway...or how Evan tried to spray me with the hose if I got close to him. I gave Wes a "I thought you were going to keep an eye on them" look and his response, "they are alive aren't they." I know, I married him. Now next is a picture a Evan's back...is it just me or does it look like he was ran over by something?
After I got home, Makayla decided she didn't like being soaking wet and covered in mud so it was bath time. It only took three tubs of water to get them both clean and there was little hope for their clothes (red dirt)....but why should I complain...they are both alive.

***I actually don't care they got all muddy. What's childhood without covering yourself head to toes in mud?

1 comment:

Melany said...

i'm impressed that makayla even got dirty! :) i bet evan was having the time of his life. they're the cutest muddy kids i've seen!