Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Cake



The cake....what was I thinking! I blame it on Megan and all her big ideas. Heaven forbid we have a simple cake (you know...the store bought kind). I was in charge of the baking and Megan was in charge of the decorating. When I asked Makayla what kind of cake she wanted she told me she wanted strawberry. (I have no idea where she came up with that) I had alot of fun making the cake...I have never had a strawberry cake before. It was really good and Megan did a great job decorating it. We didn't give Makayla any idea what we were doing. She was really surprised and when she blew her candle out I remembered why I put all the time into that cake. Megan is already planning next years cake!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Megan said...

You bet I am working on next years cake for Makayla and doing it in our brand new cake store. We need to work on a name.

Melany said...

that cake is SO CUTE! i'm way impressed with the sliced strawberries and fondant usage. good work!

Jolene said...

The test of a great cake is not how it looks on the outside (sorry Megan) but how it taste...the best strawberry cake I have ever had, just plain delicious.M