Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Jump

We have been wanting to get the kids a trampoline for a while. This weekend he went down to Sam's and picked one out. The kids were so excited. I have so many great memories of our trampoline growing up....the sleepovers (were everyone ends up in the middle in a big pile)...the creative (and dangerous) made up games (my favorite involved an inner tube and back in my day there was no safety enclosures...good times)....spraying the trampoline down with water in the summer... my mom's trampoline aerobics(how else do you exercise with five kids)...my brothers jumping off the shed onto it...every year trying to figure out how we could move it up to the pool area...the injures (which were surprisingly few)....and just wonderful times with my family. We haven't decided whether to bury it in the ground 0r not (Wes votes for not...mainly because it requires less work). No matter how it ends up, I know there are many good memories to be made:)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Amy said...

Hurry up, Wes, we want to jump!

Melany said...

how fun! we have a trampoline at my folks house in fullerton. my mom was way scared of us hurting ourselves so we dug a hole in the ground, it took about 3 weeks with lots of people, 5 days a week. i always loved putting a sprinker over the trampoline in the summer and jumping around in my bathing suit. we did sleepovers on it, too.

this was a long comment.