Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Party

This year Makayla decided to go on a birthday date instead of a big party. Of course we still had a family party with her cousin Leah and best friend Pearl. It was alot of fun!
Wes designed the "pin the bow" game. I thought he did a great job.
The pinata was a little different. You pulled strings instead of hitting it. (I know where is the fun in that) Evan pulled the lucky string and all the candy fell out. Sad for the girls....no on was a match for Uncle Bryan's lighting quick reflexes. My favorite part was when I saw Pearl sitting quietly with her candy bag and I noticed it barely had any candy in it. I asked her if she wanted me to help her get to more. Her response, "No thanks, this is all the sweets I need." I wish I could adapt that attitude.
Makayla was so excited to turn six. I don't know where all the time has gone. She is such a blessing to our family...here are a few of my favorite things about her...

*She is such a girl...she loves all things pink, princess, and sparkly
*Her sense of humor (even if her jokes don't make any sense)
*Her blue eyes and blonde hair (so unexpected)
*How sweet she is to Evan
*That she doesn't like french fries (I know she will look back at this and also wonder...why??)
*Her love of learning
*That she stand up for herself and what she believes in
*Her sense of style and love of shoes (she may not look like me, but we are kindred spirits)
*She is very helpful (most of the time)
*She loves art and drawing
....she is my girl and I have so many wonderful things to look forward to with her...Happy Birthday!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

J.Phipps said...

I notice how her pet shop monopoly skills were not listed...looks like you guys are kindred spirits there too. hee hee. you still owe me $1400

Amy said...

I think Pearl had the best time ever! We LOVE to be the "only guest"! The pets she "won" are now treasured commodities that must go everywhere with us.... we're so lucky to have Makayla for a friend!

Melany said...

wow, 6 years, i can't even imagine penny being 6 years old - that must be kinda weird for you as a mom. :) what a cute little party! love those yellow sandals.