Monday, July 14, 2008

Decisions...Decisions


Makayla starts kindergarten in less than a month. I can't believe it. She is so excited (me, not so much). We just got her a new backpack. She was so funny picking it out. It took her forever. She studied the colors, the size, the pockets, and the designs. There were butterfly, heart, flower, Barbie (which I tried to hide) and of course, princess backpacks. I thought for sure we would be coming home with a princess backpack. However, after weighing all her options, she finally picked the one with blue polka dots. I was a little surprised. When I asked her why that was her favorite, she simply replied, "Well, I love teal, and the dark blue will hide all the dirt. That way it looks pretty longer." Where did this kid come from? That's our Makayla.... always practical.

3 comments:

Someone that Matters (Bryan) said...

I think she chose that one because she knows that only poser-princesses have to actually wear pricess paraphernalia.

Melany said...

ha that is so funny. good for makayla. :) i can't believe she's starting school already!

J.Phipps said...

what on earth do kindergartners need a backpack for? their pillow for nap time? well, I'm sure it will last hopefully a year. By next july i'm sure she'll inform us that it is out of style and her life depends on a new back pack