Thursday, July 10, 2008

Hello Terrible Two


Today is Evan's birthday, and while he reminds me daily that he knows what being a two year old is all about, I still can't believe it. When Makayla was two she seemed all grown up to me, I couldn't wait for her to move on to the the next stage, but with Evan, I just want to slow time down...keep him little as long as I can. I always tell my family that little boys are so sweet because you know what they grow up to be...Men. It makes all the cute baby things they do so much more sweet. So here are my ten of my favorite things about my little boy....


1.) His chubby cheeks. I love that they still jiggle when he runs.
2.) His hair...when he wakes up in the morning, it is silky and smooth, but the curls multiply with each hour that passes and by the end of the day it turns into what Wes refers to as sheep hair.
3.) His kisses. When I ask him for a kiss, he turns his cheek "allowing" me to kiss him.
4.) His style. He is only two, but he loves to pick out his clothes, especially his shoes. He definitely got the Phipps pretty boy gene.
5.) His dirty looks. They put teenagers to shame.
6.) His big brown eyes. They always give away exactly how he feels.
7.) His love of all things pink. He loves pink because he loves Makayla. Most of the pink things we have belong to her, and her stuff if his favorite kind of stuff.
8.) How he smells after his bath...once we wash the little boy smell off of him. It may only last a few minutes, but I love that clean smell.
9.) His tender heart. He still breaks down when I tell him (or Makayla) no.
10.) When he reaches for me. There is nothing better then picking him up and having him wrap his little arms around me.

It was so fun to have Jarom home for Evan's birthday. They are kindred spirits. When Jarom came home from his mission last week, Evan ran up to him and wrapped his arms around his legs. My mom says that Evan is a mini Jarom. If that is true, I'll count my blessing, Jarom is an awesome person. Even though he is my younger brother, he is still a good example to me. It is great to have him home!

7 comments:

Melany said...

good job on your first big posting! watch out - this blogging thing is addictive. i love your comments about evan - so cute! i can't wait to be a mom!

Frampton Family said...

I LOVE this post Tami! And what sweet things you said about your little guy. Happy Birthday Evan!! When are you coming to Utah? I feel like I haven't seen you in forever. I miss you!

The Ericksons said...

Oh Evan and Paige have the same birthday! Woohoo! Happy Birthday Evan!

Someone that Matters (Bryan) said...

Tami I don't say this enough but I have really loved living together this summer for many reasons--one being that we get to spend so much time with Evan and Makayla. It's been so fun to watch them and know exactly what you are talking about in this post. I'm so glad we got to be there for his construction birthday party!!!

Someone that Matters (Bryan) said...

OH and that was actually from Ashley--I don't think Bryan is capable of being that sentimental. :)

Larsen Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Someone that Matters (Bryan) said...

This is the real Bryan. I have since changed the password to my Blogger account so charlatans can't impersonate me. Anyways, my favorite thing about Evan is that you can throw balls at him and he thinks it's funny.