Wednesday, July 23, 2008

...And Then Comes Marriage...

I have been doing flowers for the funeral home for just about a year. I love it. So I thought, if I love creating casket sprays, think how much fun a wedding would be. Too bad for me I didn't really know anyone who was getting married. So finally when my cousin got engaged, I jumped at the chance to do her wedding. It was so stressful, but it was so much fun. Everything has to be timed right, the flowers have to stay fresh and beautiful all day (even if the reception is outside and it is 106 degrees), and the colors have to be the perfect shade of whatever. It was a crazy day. Thankfully I had Wes to help with Evan (Makayla is usually my assistant). Even with all the stress I learned so much and would do it again in a heartbeat. Here are a few pictures....


Here is the bouquet (modeled by Josie). This is the first one I ever made. Now most brides who be freaked out by that fact, but luckily Olivia didn't seem to care. I put it off until the end because I was so nervous, but after much prayer, I loved how it turned out. Not to shabby!




This arrangement was for the food table. It was my favorite to make. I love the colors and the limes mixed in with the flowers.





This topiary went on the sign in table. Simple, but cute. The last picture is another arrangement that was on the food table. It's hard to go wrong with roses.



1 comment:

Melany said...

those looks so beautiful tami! good job!