Thursday, November 6, 2008

Big Boy Trouble


I remember being at the Little Gym and the moms were talking about how hard it is to keep their kids in their cribs. A couple moms even had what they called a crib tent. I guess you put your kid in the crib and then you trap them by zipping them in. I thought it was funny because I had never had any major problems keeping Makayla or Evan in their beds. I mean who is in charge here? You just need to teach your kids to mind (right?). Little did I know...When we moved into our house, we replaced Evan's crib with a "big boy bed". Big mistake! Evan thinks it is the best time ever to get out of bed, open his door, and very cutely say,"hi mommy, hi daddy." Then the minute that he sees us comming, he very calmly, walks back to his bed. It is hard to get mad or be all strict when he is just so cute (the downfall). We are making progress, however, he is now geting out of bed about four times as opposed to the thirty when this started. The crib tent is not looking so bad anymore.

4 comments:

Melany said...

that little face peeking around the corner is so cute! that is so funny that he walks back to bed as soon you make the effort to get out of your bed. looks like you need to beat him more, tami.

Bryan and Ashley said...

That picture is the best. Innocent little Evan. I'm glad you go through all of this first so you can teach me your ways.

Jolene said...

I got the privilege of hall sitting with him last week. That's where you sit in a chair, a few feet outside his door, and put him back to bed when he gets out.

J.Phipps said...

so just do what we use to do to megan. Just tie a rope on his door knob to an adjacent door knob across the hall...that he can't open the door. perfect! problem solved...I should start my own reality TV show...call it nanny 911 or something