Thursday, November 6, 2008

Little Farm Hands



The kids love to go outside and play. With the recent rain, everytime they went outside thier shoes would be covered in mud. Anyone who knows me well knows that this is a serious problem. It was time to get some boots. Now not just any boots would do. They couldn't just be cute, they had to be tuff...I'm talking farm boots. So I drove to Lee's Feed (that's the local farm store). The great thing about this is that I have lived in this area on acreage most of my life and this is the first time I had actually gone inside. Evan was like a kid in a candy store. He ran over to the yellow and green John Deere gloves and exclaimed, "Daddy!" He helped me pick out the perfect boots for him and Makayla. I can actually see myself becoming a frequent costmer of Lee's Feed...maybe there is hope for me yet. As for the kids, they couldn't be more at home while they jump in the mud and chase turkeys all over the property.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Seriously? You'd never been to Lee's Feed? And you're FROM the country - I am a transplant and have been frequenting the feed store for years now! Apparently, there are some things I need to teach you about living on property....

Maryann said...

I've only been there once that I remember, and I lived in Shingle just as long as you. Amy is just super woman. She jumps into things thoroughly.

I cannot wait for the day I have an excuse to buy my children rubber boots.

Bryan and Ashley said...

Uhm...love those! Clearly you are becoming a true country family. Now lets see if you can get grandma in a pair. :)

And you NEED to put up more pictures of the house...the floors look incredible but I need to see more than just that PLEEEEEEEEEEASE.

Bryan and Ashley said...

Oh and...do those mean that Makayla will be helping sheer rambo next time?

J.Phipps said...

Tami going to Lee's Feed: If this isn't a sign of the second comming I don't know what is