Thursday, November 6, 2008

House Update

Here is a house update that also goes along with Ashley's picture tag. It has been so nice to get settled into our house this week. One of my favorite things has been to watch Makayla and Evan play together in their rooms, rediscovering all the toys that have been packed up for so long.

For the picture tag I was suppose to post a picture of the 4th picture from my 4th folder. For me that just happened to be a before picture of our kitchen. It is so crazy how much it has changed.
Not quit the retro I was going for. Although the curtains and the bar stools were just an added bonus.
This was actually quite the fancy kitchen back in it's day. You could tell that the previous owner really loved to cook. Hopefully a little of that will rub off on me!



I loved how ever thing has turned out. My favorite is the back splash. It reminds me of an opal or the inside of an abalone shell. Every time I walk in I love it even more.
Many were skeptical about my green island, but I love it! We or I should say Wes still needs to put the hardware on the cabinets, but I am still amazed at the fact that I have running water that I hardly notice.

Here is the nook. This a work in progress. I am going to paint it green to match the island and put cushions on it. As for my siblings, I can not wait for all the game nights that will take place here. And don't worry because when you lose, my pretty kitchen will cheer you up. Game on!

5 comments:

Megan said...

All I can say is WOW! It is about time. Your kitchen is so amazing! I can't wait for Christmas to come home and see it being done for myself. :)

Bryan and Ashley said...

Uhm...this goes without saying but i'm so jealous! The kitchen is INCREDIBLE! Love the backsplash, love the granite color...love it all. That was totally worth the wait. And the kids rooms looks so good. Way to go designer Tami.

Oh and you are right....GAME ON! Just remember who beat you at hand and foot this summer while in excruciating pain because my donut didn't work. In case you forgot...it's ME.

Bryan and Ashley said...

...and who cares if it was only once.

Melany said...

nice. good. like. happy. yay!

J.Phipps said...

Very clever Tami very Clever. I get it. Entice us over to your house for "game night" and oh, look all the sudden I'm painting the nook haha. Nice try...it's clearly a trap! haha jk