Thursday, February 12, 2009

I Have A Confession


Hi my name is Tami and I am addicted to Diet Coke. It has been five days since my last drink. I love Diet Coke. What can I say...it's one of my favorite things. I know it's horrible for me. I am a pretty healthy person... I exercise and try to eat right, but despite several attempts to stop drinking soda, I always fail. I think they should make some kind of patch. I have my excuses... it helps when I have headaches, it's calorie free...blah, blah, blah. Well after the Ensign article I decided that I was done...no more Diet Coke. So I bought myself some caffeine free diet coke just to take the edge off. However, the last couple of days I have had bad headaches in the afternoon and I have been so tired... I know, I am in withdrawal. So this afternoon, Evan was taking a nap so I decided to turn a show on for Makayla so I could lay down (I am a great mother). About an hour later, Makayla wakes me up, "Mom come see what I did!" I look on the counter and she had made several puppets from her puppet kit. I am amazed she did it all by herself...of course her mom was passed out on the couch so what choice did she have. It's nice to see that things run so smoothly when I am checked out.
***Note to Bryan, Megan, and Mom: When you decided to give up your Diet Coke we can start a support group- We can call it DCJA (Diet Coke Junkies Anonymous). The first step is admitting you have a problem.

7 comments:

Megan said...

I don't know if I can...I am pretty sure I will die. My body has diet dr. pepper running through my veins instead of blood. It is true.

Bryan and Ashley said...

I decided to give it up about ten days ago, but after twenty hours of no soda I was starting to get a headache and Ashley was jonesing for her five-o-clock fix (the time when I get home with a fresh 44oz.'er). So she assaulted me with a barrage of prodding to go get some---I caved. My name is Bryan, it has been about 45 seconds since my last diet pepsi. Nevermind, I just took a sip.

The Ericksons said...

Wow that girl can make some awesome puppets! I do not think it is bad at all to sleep while kids play. I only have one child and still find myself falling asleep while she is playing. Although, I usually wake up to her cereal all over the floor and every toy out of the bins. Fantastic!

Bryan and Ashley said...

My name is Ashley, and I married into a family of addicts. All I can say is what you lack as a mother, Makayla makes up for as a genius child. JK! Those puppets are way too impressive. As for the diet soda, Bryan drank about 50 oz. of water (the most he has had in about 2 years) and then thought he had a kidney infection. I'm pretty sure that's not the way it works.

Paul said...

My name is Bumpa and I am the grand patriarch of un-adulterated "coke"--non diet. That's right the strong stuff. I am horrified to see all my kids following my example--and going to the dark side of "diet". But to our defense, the migrain medicine we take and Excederine has much more caffine than the soda. Remember though, rationalizatin does not replace good judgement. When ready, meetings can be held at my house.

Jolene said...

Hey just let me know and will quit lugging that stuff into the houses. I'll just keep a small stash in my bedroom. M

J.Phipps said...

Hi my name is Jarom...and I have a problem...I'm related to all of you wierdos. haha. jk. much love