Thursday, February 19, 2009

Once There Was A Snowman...

What a surprise...we woke up to snow. Not just a light dusting, but actual snow. The kids were so excited, it was like Christmas. Of course the first thing they wanted to do was go outside...but what to dress them in? Then it hit me, a memory from my childhood. I was wearing bright blue rain boots and my mom was worried that the snow would fall in the top. Her solution...duct tape. She tucked my jeans in the top of my rain boots and taped around the top to seal them. Genius. I didn't have duct tape, but I found that plastic wrap was just as effective. Wes walked in while I was "wrapping" the kids and looked at me like I was crazy, but really I think he just wished he had come up with the idea first.
The kids had a blast. It was really Evan's first real experience with snow. The kids both built snowmen (of course Makayla's was a snowgirl complete with grass for her hair). I think my favorite thing about the snowmen was that they were made of equal parts of snow and leaves. It just amazes me how kids automatically know how to build a snowman, even snow challenged kids from California. It was so much fun watching Makayla and Evan play in the snow.













Just like the primary song, the snowmen slowly melted as the sun came out. But such is the fate of a Californian snowman. I would also like to note that once the kid's boots were removed their socks were nice and dry.




4 comments:

Melany said...

that is so cute! i love the dalmation snowman. and yes, i bet wes was jealous he didn't come up with the plastic wrap solution first.

Amy said...

Love it. The saran wrap was an excellent idea!

Jolene said...

I saw their snowman from the street, I really would have loved to see those wrapped legs. M

Becky said...

Hi Tami! It's Becky Johnson, now Coontz. How are you? I found you on Alisha's blog, hope that's okay. Your family is super cute. I love the saran wrap idea, brilliant.