Friday, February 27, 2009

Simple Things

We have a road and a driveway! I know most of you are probably thinking that a house should come with a road...they should be a package deal....not always the case in the country. I never really thought much about roads until I didn't have one. Where we live the road was paved until about 1/4 th mile before our house. The other day I saw our neighbor outside talking to a bunch of guys and pointing at the road....could it be? Do they want to pave the road? I started picture smooth pavement...no more pot holes...my car wouldn't always be covered in dirt....the kids could ride their bikes and scooters. Before I knew it I was walking across the street to see what was going on. YES! The neighbors did want to pave a portion of the road. We ended up splitting the cost of the road and also paved our driveway. Evan was in heaven watching "the guys" build the road. Start to finish he was captivated by all their equipment and trucks. I can't even describe how wonderful it is. It's like in the movie Cars when they are all driving on the new road...it's so nice. Every time I drive down it I am so thankful. When we first moved here, I was so happy...I didn't think life could get and better..and then came our road...simple but wonderful.





4 comments:

Amy said...

funny that I am such a country girl now, but I am totally with you on that one. Paving is like heaven!

Someone that Matters (Bryan) said...

So civilized now.

Bryan and Ashley said...

It's funny how living on property makes the simple things the very best. I mean...if everything works out... I will sing praises to have a patch of grass my kid can play! :) And a swing set to come borrow.

Jolene said...

No Fair. M