Thursday, February 5, 2009

One Of Those Days

Today as turned into one of those days where you are not sure whether to scream, laugh, or cry at your situation. The day started out fine. I got Makayla up and off to school and Evan was in a surprisingly calm mood. Then everything went down hill. Wes had scheduled the direct TV guy to come between 9-11 am...he however decided to show up at 8 am when I was getting out of the shower. ( I thought that only happened on commercials) Later Evan and I had our Little Gym class which was alot of fun. After gym decided to go to In-N-Out for lunch. They just opened a brand new one right by us! I had just enough time to go through the drive thru before picking Makayla up at school. They gave me my food and as I was leaving I noticed they actually gave us the wrong food. Great! So I pulled into the parking lot, got Evan out of the car (defeating the purpose of going through a drive thru) and went and got our real order. After I got Makayla at school I headed home counting down the minutes to Evan's nap. When I got home, however I realized I didn't have my house key. I got out to look for the spare key my Mom had hidden. Meanwhile Makayla is jumpmg around because she has to go bathroom. I go back to the car to call my mom because I can't find where she hid the key. While I am on the phone, Makayla decides to unbuckle Evan. (big mistake) Of course I can't get hold of mom... I know big shocker (she is probably on the other line with Megan) So I get out of the car to look for the key again. Now here is the real kicker. When I shut the door and go to get Evan out, he hops up front and locks the door. So now I am locked out of the house and the car, one kid has to pee, and the other is jumping all around the car. Oh, but it's not over, Evan suddenly stops jumping and looks at me frozen. No, No, No!... He didn't...yes, yes he did...he peed all over the seat. Disgusted by his wet pants, he finally unlocks the door. By this time I finally get hold of my mom, find the key, and get inside he house. Evan is now napping, but I am just counting down until Wes gets home...tag you it! I am done!

8 comments:

The Ericksons said...

Oh my gosh. I just kept reading that thinking, "ok it cannot get any worse..." then it does! Oh boy. I am sorry, that just sucks. At least Evan knew how to unlock the doors right?

Megan said...

haha...wish I was there to experience that. :) But at least Makayla didn't pee her pants. I would of thought she would be the one to blow over Evan.

Amy said...

oh Tami, I'm so sorry!!! What a terrible day! I guess this is just part of the joy of motherhood...

Melany said...

it's like you think to yourself, you can't make this stuff up. if it were me i would have definitely cried, especially when evan peed in the car. at least you had in'n'out...

Someone that Matters (Bryan) said...

Was giving the kids to Wes something that made the day worse or better? JK.

Bryan and Ashley said...

Awh, I can't wait for the day that my kid locks me out of my car and pees on my seat.

J.Phipps said...

kids...you can't live with them, and you can't...shoot them. haha

Jolene said...

I might be hard to get, but remember I did hide the key.